Kyle Hindman, V.P.
Buckeye Valley since 1885
BWCDD is an irrigation
District with the power of drainage.
The primary purpose of the BWCDD
is to assist agricultural endeavors by supplying
irrigation water and power. It is also organized to
protect farmland from alkali damage by running drainage
wells. Secondary purposes include providing flood
irrigation to homes and construction water to
contractors. All power and water are sold within the
District boundaries that encompass nearly 22,000 acres
(per Maricopa County Assessor’s Office). Other endeavors
may be undertaken to support these purposes.
Founded in 1922, the BWCDD operates the Buckeye Canal,
which was founded in 1885. The canal brought settlers to
the Buckeye Valley and is the namesake for the Valley
and the Town of Buckeye.
Composite History of the Buckeye